Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Basics

Coffee Tables That Will Save You a Trip to the ER
Ever since my son Jack required eight stitches after hitting his head on our coffee table, I've been on the lookout for a coffee table that can peacefully coexist with a family like mine in a house like mine...
Click here to read more

Just Like a Restaurant, But Without the Waiters
I've been hearing some complaints from moms like myself lately about the durability of the plates and glasses in their kitchen. For them, and everyone else who has high traffic in the kitchen, I have some helpful advice: pretend your kitchen is a restaurant and stock it accordingly...
Click here to read more

Art in the Everyday
My friend Brian Andriola just did a great article for Country Livingmagazine all about his collection of white bowls...
Click here to read more

Life in the White House
My friend Sheryl stopped by the other night to pick up her son after a playdate with Jack and we were discussing the new slipcovers I had just bought for my family room sofas. When I told her they were white, she said "WHAT?!"...
Click here to read more

Get the Hose!
My husband and I have always said our ideal flooring would be cement with a drain in the middle...
Click here to read more

In Praise of Slipcovers
Slipcovers are the best! Until my kids are grown up and moved out, I will never have a sofa that's not slipcovered or leather...
Click here to read more

Organic Bedding Survival Guide
Yesterday's post on the health benefits of houseplants got me thinking about the healthy home in general. ..
Click here to read more

For more posts on decorating basics, search keyword "basics"

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...