Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Inspiration Posts

I'm Still Working on That
There are many projects in my life that are unfinished. In fact, I'd say most of them are in various stages of completion because real life often interferes with my plans to complete something from start to finish.
Click here to read more

Real Life Social Networking
Now and then I veer off my chosen topic of decorating a casual, comfortable, low maintenance house for families. This is one of those times.

I am well known for the love/hate relationship I have with technology.
Click here to read more

My Summer Stay-cation
Seeing that I had just returned from a 12 day trip around the world, the Furbers weren't too anxious to go away for the holiday weekend. Instead, we decided to stay home and pretend our house was a resort.
Click here to read more

Maria Callas Is My Soulmate
I'm lucky to have one of those jobs that lists "getting inspired" as part of the job description, and occasionally I just hand an entire day over to the idea of inspiration. Friday was one of those days...
Click here to read more

Let the Inspiration Begin
As I mentioned last week, I've decided to make only New Year's resolutions that will make my family happy, or will make my home a happier place. My family joined in this weekend and staged a fun surprise for me...
Click here to read more

I Want to be India Hicks
I've always been inspired by India Hicks. She seems to me to be the ultimate working mother who always looks great, always has her house together, and has a balanced view of how work, family and interior design come together to make a happy life...
Click here to read more

World Design
Living in Alamo, California, my children aren't exposed to a diversity of culture. However, JP and I make an effort to introduce them to world influences with different types of food, music, books about different cultures. ..
Click here to read more

Cookies in Bed
My post on March 24th "You Can't Curl Up with a Cup of Coffee and a Mac" got me thinking about the magazines that I really love and rely on for good ideas and inspiration...
Click here to read more

Where Does a Busy Mom Find Inspiration?
I believe that inspiration is an essential component to creativity, and I believe that creativity is an essential component to creating a happy and fun home for my family. ..
Click here to read more

You Can't Curl Up with a Cup of Coffee and a Mac
I love the web for all it's obvious great qualities, but I am starting to worry that magazines and newspapers will become obsolete sooner that I ever thought...
Click here to read more

Sit Loose in the Saddle of Life
My lovely daughter, Laurie, has asked me to write about how to keep a home flexible enough for grownups, and still be family friendly when the grandchildren come to visit. Whew, what a relief, one of my main goals these days is to have a home that the whole family “feels at home in”….maybe it is working...
Click here to read more

Design Trends That Are Great for a Family Home
Those of us decorating family homes can sometimes find that we pass on many design trends either because they're impractical for our lifestyle, or because we just don't have the time to pay attention to them. There are a few current design trends that I think are perfect for the busy family lifestyle...
Click here to read more

Everything Eventually Comes into Fashion If You Wait Long Enough
I've been in the catalog business for most of my career, and many hours on location have made me a fan of a product known to photo crew members as "goop"...
Click here to read more

Art in the Everyday
My friend Brian Andriola just did a great article for Country Livingmagazine all about his collection of white bowls...
Click here to read more

Design Trends I'm Happy to See Emerging from the Recession
As much as my job requires me to embrace capitalism, I've always struggled with the blind desire for acquisition that seems to have defined the last 20 years or so. The current recession carries with it a lot of baggage, but there are a few good things that will come out of it for the design world...
Click here to read more

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...