Monday, May 31, 2010

My Summer Stay-cation

Seeing that I had just returned from a 12 day trip around the world, the Furbers weren't too anxious to go away for the holiday weekend. Instead, we decided to stay home and pretend our house was a resort. The kitchen was the coffee shop, our backyard was the grounds, and our bedroom was our hotel room. We didn't even mind sharing a bathroom with the other guests.

  • We slept in late.
  • We lounged by the pool and had fresh towels every day.
  • We sampled the local cuisine: mostly made with the 20 lbs. of cherries picked at the local cherry orchard.
  • The girls and I made a big jar of minty water with fresh mint from our herb garden and gave ourselves facials.
  • I explored the local terrain on my beach cruiser.
  • We listened to music.
  • We read our books.
  • We watched movies and ate popcorn.
I must say, this is one great resort. Pencil me in for July 4th.

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...