Sunday, May 23, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

You may have noticed that Suburban Zen has been strangely silent for the month of May. I just returned from a 12 day trip around the world. I visited many interesting places that were decorated much more lavishly than my own home. My favorite was the Rajvilas in Jaipur, India. The hotel is a beautiful compound, situated on 32 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, with a 200 year old Hindu temple at the center of it all.





There were wild peacocks freely roaming the grounds. (And I learned firsthand that peacocks sound like howling cats when they're calling to each other under your window in the early morning.)
My bedroom looked like this:

The view out my bathroom window was this:

We had dinner one night here:

I appreciated the Rajvilas for its beauty, noted that it was always clean and quiet, and liked that I didn't have to make my own coffee in the morning. However, it made me miss my own not quite so luxurious, slightly messy and very noisy house. The Rajvilas, and all my stops, were wonderful, but were missing one crucial ingredient:

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...