Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Want to be India Hicks

I've always been inspired by India Hicks. She seems to me to be the ultimate working mother who always looks great, always has her house together, and has a balanced view of how work, family and interior design come together to make a happy life.


She lives in one of those plantations in the Bahamas that actually has a name (Hibiscus Hill)


and she's often photographed looking beautiful and surrounded by children


Some of my best ideas are inspired by India Hicks and the many articles and books that have been published about her. For example:
She's not afraid to show the quirky objects and collections that make up her life with her four children

She uses a chronicle of candid photography as a decorative element throughout her house



Her interiors are designed to be pretty, but also casual and comfortable for her family

I prefer to think she is like me and does it with a minimum of help from outside staff, but who knows and I'm not one to judge. Just substitute JP for David Flint Wood, and Andie, Jack and Katie for the Hicks children and I could slide right into Hibiscus Hill and live happily ever after.

Print this post

1 comments:

Lisa said...

That damn India Hicks. Talented, beautiful and effortlessly cool. Minus the four kids, and I think she might be living my dream life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...