Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Earth Friendly Posts

Tips for a Healthy Family Home #5
To keep your momentum going, and as Jack Furber says "don't say you're going to help the earth and then totally blow it off,"...
Click here for more

Tips for a Healthy Family Home #4
It's never too late to make a list of green resolutions. And the day after Earth Day is like Green New Year. Perfect. ..
Click here for more


Tips for a Healthy Family Home #3
A lightbulb is going on over my head -- a CFL bulb that is. CFL bulbs last up to ten times longer, use only about 25% of the energy, and generate 90% less heat than regular lightbulbs....
Click here for more

Tips for a Healthy Family Home #2
Recycling is certainly more work than just throwing everything in the trash, but it pays off in all the obvious ways...
Click here for more

Tips for a Healthy Family Home #1
Whether you like Al Gore or not, you have to admit, it's getting hotter every summer. My husband can no longer stand the 100 degree + temperature in Alamo, and for the past several years has sought refuge and cool wind in Olympia every summer...
Click here for more

Where Can I Get a Cute Gasmask that Goes with my Decor?
The EPA has stated that indoor air can be up to three times more polluted than outdoor air because of emissions from paint, building materials, furniture, carpet, adhesives, among other things. Seriously?! As if I wasn't tossing and turning enough already....
Click here for more

My Mom Was Ahead of Her Time
I'm always looking for ways to keep my house healthy for my family. It turns out my Mom had one of the secrets all along -- houseplants...
Click here for more

Resolution #4 Compost

Sounds easy, right? Not always.

The behavior modification required to save our compostable items dictated that the composter we chose would have to be easy to install and use because all of our energy would have to be funneled into learning how to and remembering to compost...

Click here for more


Simple Steps to a Greener Home

I'm always looking for good advice on making my home healthier for my family. In that pursuit, I recently purchased and viewed Danny Seo'sSimple Steps to a Greener Home...

Click here for more


Bringing My Own Bags to the Grocery Store is the Least of My Worries

How have I never noticed this before? It's not just the grocery stores -- everyone gives you a bag when you shop...

Click here for more


Extreme Recycling
With Earth Day on the horizon, we always give a little extra thought to how we can reduce waste and improve our energy efficiency in our house.
Click here for more

For more earth friendly posts, including ideas on how to give vintage finds a new life in a new home, search keyword "green"

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...