Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bringing My Own Bags to the Grocery Store is the Least of my Worries

How have I never noticed this before? It's not just the grocery stores -- everyone gives you a bag when you shop. On a recent shopping trip, if I hadn't taken some control, I would have ended up with about ten bags for approx. $100 worth of purchases. I bought a tube of lipstick and the salesperson tried to give me a bag for it. I realized then that I need to bring my shopping bags with me everywhere.

I love FreePeople, because they give you a very cute reusable bag when you shop there.

However, I'm a little old to shop there regularly and, while I wish they would sell their bags, they don't.

I've had my eye on some shopping bags for awhile and haven't managed to buy them, but now I think I will.

I like these because they're cute, but also because:
They don't look like grocery bags
They are sold in a set of 5 that roll up into a pouch that's 9"x6" so they're easy to carry around
The website I like ReusableBags.com, participates in 1% for the Planet, an organization that inspires it's members to donate 1% of their sales to environmental causes around the world
A very cool green living expert Antoinette Nue likes them too

And best of all, I won't have to feel compelled to carry my lunch to work in a giant Nordstrom shopping bag, just so the bag won't go to waste.

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of my lovely daughter for trying to be green, it is an admirable trait and one which I support whole heartidly. We have reuseable shopping bags in both of our vehicles and for those times we forget to take the bags into the store with us, we either put the loot back into the cart and bag it at the car or ask for paper bags. Paper bags are reuseable too ya know !! Trader Joe's has the best cooler bag out there. It is spacious and really will keep your ice cream cold till ya get home. It works here in Tucson, so it will work for you too. Course, if you live in Wisconsin you can just leave your ice cream in the car this winter, it will stay frozen rock hard till May. Go green, it works, is easy, and makes ya feel good too !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...