Saturday, February 28, 2009

Everything Eventually Comes Into Fashion If You Wait Long Enough

I've been in the catalog business for most of my career, and many hours on location have made me a fan of a product known to photo crew members as "goop".

For years, I've been sticking photos, postcards and other things I like to my walls with goop. I add and subtract as I go, and my walls become sort of a living display of my family's and my current interests.

I've always liked this method of photo display because it's easy, I think it adds nicely to the casual vibe I have going in my home, and it doesn't require the time commitment of sizing, framing and hanging all my photos. In short, it's perfect for a working mother of three.

I'd like to thank the stylists and magazine editors who've recently made just sticking photos randomly to the wall a style statement. I'm seeing it everywhere now:



Any trendsetter who popularizes the easiest possible decorating idea is doing all of us working moms a big favor. If I could hug each of you I would!

Print this post

2 comments:

BA said...

Hi Laurie,
Wow, what a huge honor to be included in your blog! "Art in the Everyday" is a fabulous example of why celebrating the world around us is both important and fulfilling. When we are able to recognize that inspiration is everywhere we get more than the feeling of being delighted, we actually become enriched. Sharing this enthusiasm with others is called grace. Thank you for sharing!
Brian Andriola

Laurie Furber said...

Brian, you're the cutest. So humble.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...