Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Let The Inspiration Begin!

As I mentioned last week, I've decided to make only New Year's resolutions that will make my family happy, or will make my home a happier place. My family joined in this weekend and staged a fun surprise for me.

In a house like mine, where lots of time is spent building comfy and cozy spaces for every family member, Mom sometimes gets forgotten. Jack, Andie, JP and Katie all have workspaces of their own, but I have none. Combine that with the fact that my computer, my phone and my email address are all Williams-Sonoma property, and I have come to the verge of an identity crisis.

I mentioned that fact to my family before a recent trip to Florida, and came home to find that they had created a little corner of my own for me in a warm spot right next to the fireplace. Behold my new workspace:

Everyone pitched in with the project:
  • Jack helped JP move my favorite table from the living room
  • Andie made a linen board for me so I'd have all my pictures close by
  • Katie went to the Apple store with JP to get me a MacBook and an iPhone of my own
I arrived home on Sunday night to find my nice little office corner all set up and ready to inspire my writing, reading, and other creative projects that typically get squeezed in where they can. My workday Monday was filled with thoughts of my new workspace waiting for me at home.

Thanks JP, for masterminding such a fun surprise. And thanks Furber family for helping. If you need me, I'll be in my office.



Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...