Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolution #1: Update my family gallery wall

The last time I did my family gallery wall, I was still pregnant with Katie, who's now six. My children are suspended in time, and anyone visiting my house would think they're 8, 5, and a newborn. Regular Suburban Zen readers know that's not the case.

One reason I haven't updated the wall is that I love looking at the old pictures of each of the Furber kids -- I remember precisely when and where each one was taken, and what else happened that day:


  • The picture my friend Erin took at her house in Olympia -- Jack was wearing Andie's pants because he'd taken a dip in the bay in his own and needed a change.

  • The Christmas card picture from the year Katie was born. Andie edited the film and picked the picture because her hair looked the best in that one.

  • The picture of Jack on his first day of Kindergarten -- he asked me right before school "Mom, what's the best way to meet friends?"

  • The picture of JP and I on our honeymoon kissing in the front of a catamaran.

Every time I think I'm going to update those pictures, I can't decide which I can bear to take down. I've decided instead that I'll just add to the wall until it's completely full. Now I can add the new pictures I've been meaning to add, like this one:

without retiring any of my favorites.

And Dad, remember the shot of us with the Elvis statue at the House of Blues? That's going on the wall too.


Print this post

1 comments:

gramps aka dad said...

So glad you are not taking any of the pics down. Adding to them is a much better idea. I do remember the House of Blues pic.........fun time. I want to keep my grandkiddoes young for as long as I can...the pics help do that......heck, if I could I would make you 6 years old again. By the way, have you taken care of that nasty cough or do mom and I have to call 911 ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...