Monday, September 7, 2009

Tell Me What You're Missing, and I'll Tell You If I Gave It Away

Last week's post made me want to organize something, so I sent JP, Katie and Jasper to the dog park this morning and attacked Katie's room while they were gone.

Jack and I plowed through every drawer, shelf, bucket and tote and came up with a hefty bag full of clothes and toys to donate to charity and a half bag of trash and her room is sparkly clean and organized. We were prepared for Katie to flip out when she got home because her stuff was all moved, so Jack and I intervened with some psychological warfare: we left a note on her bed that said "Dear Katie, We cleaned your room for you. We hope you like it. XO Mom and Jack" and we left three Tootsie Rolls along with the note.

So far, so good.

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gramps is happy too because you didn't throw out the tootsie rolls!!!!!

I'm happy ZEN is back. We have spent the summer around here organizing too. Our house was beginning to look like old people lived here......so out with the old and in with the new....well, not all the old things....I'm keeping dad.


xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...