Sunday, July 27, 2008

I AM Like My Home Office-Helpful and Colorful by Guest Blogger Andie Furber

Well, it's not really a home office. It's just a desk in a corner of my room. But still, it has many uses and I love it. It's not just used for studying and projects. It's the central collecting area for all my stuff in my room.

I have the PERFECT desk for someone in their last year of middle school. You have WAY too much stuff to know where to put it all! You have your textbooks, your papers, handouts, homework, supplies, and also just books to read. Normally, I'd think there's no WAY that I can put it all in one little desk. But mine, is perfect to hold all these things.

This desk is from Pottery Barn, and is the same one that I have. It's perfect for everyone.

My desk has 9 little square compartments on each side, so I have 18 places to put everything!! I put all my school supplies in one side, and all my other things in the other. The thing that takes up the most space, believe it or not, is books! I have 7 compartments all devoted to books!

But sometimes, there isn't enough room to hold everything! If that happens, put some jars on top! I have 3 that hold markers, pens, and other things on top of my desk.

And also to organize everything, use colorful bins to hold everything, like these, from PBteen:
For everyone who likes color, these are perfect!

My desk is good for everything: storage, school, books, and supplies. The best thing about my desk is that next year, when I go to high school, it will still be super great. I may replace my markers with ballpoint pens, and my Harry Potter books with more serious literature (no, maybe not), but I'll still spend many hours hunkered over my fun desk, working, thinking and reading, just like now.

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget...you have twelve more years ahead shopping for school supplies. I remember those days with great fondness...shopping with you and your sister picking out the pencils, erasers, pencil boxes, new crayolas, and paper one needs to start a new school year. The new school shoes and dresses...yes, I know, I made you wear dresses until you were old enough to put your foot down. Those are good things!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...