Sunday, July 13, 2008

Who Needs Walls?

Since it's high summer, I thought I'd dedicate a few posts to the outside of the house. My family is lucky to live in California, where it's summer most of the year, so our backyard has become an extension of our family room. We eat, lounge, sleep, and play outside almost all year round. My favorite feature in our backyard is a doublewide chaise that's situated by the pool. My three children and I can all fit very comfortably in the chaise together, and have spent many sunny afternoons lounging and reading in that spot. In order to make it perfectly perfect, we have a big umbrella to shade us from the sun, big beach towels to cover the cushion and make it nice and soft, and nice, big pillows to make it extra comfy.

So far this summer, my family has logged approx. 1,962 hours in the back yard, most of them on the double chaise by the pool. I'm thinking about treating my backyard like a fine resort and charging my children for the use of the chaise. Perhaps I should charge them for towel service also.

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...