Sunday, October 12, 2008

If I Were Stranded on a Desert Island, I'd Want My Husband, My Children, and My Two Bushel Rolling Hampers

A recent visit to our condo in Sun Valley reminded me of the single most useful tool that exists for a family with kids: the two bushel wheeled hamper from The Museum of Useful Things in Cambridge, Mass.

We have three of them in Sun Valley and use them for everything from holding toys (and moving them from one end of the house to the other), transporting laundry around the house, moving groceries from the car, and best of all, moving luggage from the car to the house when we come to visit. One winter, Jack took one of them ouside and filled it with snow so he could transport the snow and his shovel to the location where he was making a snowman. When Katie was a baby, the big kids used a hamper like a wagon and pulled her around the house in it. As I said, very useful.

I must warn though -- The Museum of Useful Things is not too big on mail order. It took several weeks, several phone calls and about $100 in shipping to get my rolling hampers packed, shipped, and delivered. By the time I had received my shipment of rolling hampers, I think I was in for about $500.

Best $500 I ever spent.

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...