Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mama, Do You Think the Stars Are Glowing Tonight?

We have to admit, our little Katie likes to sleep in our bed at night. Who can blame her? Furbers all like to be together, so during the day she's always with someone: running errands with Dad, doing homework with the big kids, at the park with Rachel, or keeping Mom company. Getting tucked in at night all alone in her room must seem very lonely to her.

This week in Sun Valley, though, she's decided she wants to sleep in her room. Not because JP and I are master child psychologists, or because she's outgrown her need to have company when she sleeps, but because we have glow stars on the ceiling of the bunkhouse here.

Two years ago, when I about passed out from standing on the ladder looking up with my arms over my head putting those glow stars up, I wondered if the task was worthwhile. (Note that there are 135 stars in the bucket. Being the overachiever that I am, I had to cover the ceiling with three buckets.) But when I hear Katie ask "Mama, do you think the stars are glowing tonight?" and when I tuck her in with the stars to keep her company, I know it was.

Print this post

1 comments:

katie said...

This just made me miss you and Kindy Katie a whole bunch :) Love you guys!

Love,
College Katie (I need a new name)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...