Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thanks Santa (and Zoe)




Santa brought me the best present this year: a Royal manual typewriter.


It all started a month or so ago when I travelled to Austin, TX on an inspiration trip. My friend Zoe was on the hunt for a manual typewriter because she wanted to make her guest book a collection of typed notes from friends who stayed in her guest room. Of course, I decided to steal the idea and I put a typewriter on my Christmas list.

Santa outdid himself and delivered a restored vintage Royal Model 10 KH 957 circa 1934. The typewriter looks very cool in my family room, and has sparked an interest in literature for the whole family that I hadn't anticipated. The TV's barely been on, and the Furber kids have been lined up waiting to use the typewriter to write poems, stories, a few haikus, thank you notes, and notes to each other since the typewriter arrived.

My new typewriter is my favorite type of accessory -- it looks great, it's fairly indestructible, and fun for everyone.



Print this post

1 comments:

Zoe said...

What a beauty ! Have fun typing and Merry Christmas to all the Furbers. Love, Z

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...