Friday, September 26, 2008

Get in, get out. That's my motto.

I have a love/hate relationship with my bathroom. I know the bathroom is a necessary part of my house, but I really don't like to acknowledge what goes on in there. I like to display my pretty bars of soap in my shell soap dish, I love pretty hand towels, but up until now, extra rolls of toilet paper have been completely out of the question. Don't even get me started on the subject of magazines in the bathroom.

I've realized recently though, that my children (one in particular) may or may not choose to use toilet paper if there's none available. So my design challenge in recent weeks has been to figure out a stylish way to store extra rolls of toilet paper in the bathrooms that don't have built in cabinets. The solution is obvious:






but I just can't do it.

I've decided, instead that I'm going to pretend my toilet paper is something it's not, and display it proudly like I would display beautiful flowers. I've narrowed it down to three choices, all from Pottery Barn:






All of these vase collections have a size that's about 7" in diameter and 20" high, which will fit about four super fluffy rolls (I've been doing my research.) I'm leaning toward the white glass, so no one has to know what's in there.

On second thought, I may want to be more obvious about it -- if Jack can't find the toilet paper, he may not be inclined to use any.

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie,

Don't be lulled into thinking the problem will go away just because the kids are growing up. We only have senior citizens in this house and I have a pretty colored flower pot in each bathroom on the floor that holds an extra unwraped roll of paper.

Note: experience has taught me that you must unwrap the paper before putting it in flower pot so it is ready to go!!!

I like your idea of the tall containers....I'm gonna go get some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...