Sunday, September 14, 2008

Save the Ghosts! by Guest Blogger Jack Furber

My Mom's right. I don't like change at all. When she moves stuff around the house, I always put it back. When she throws stuff away, I get it back out (don't ask.) All this talk about changing the candles on the kitchen table makes me feel sick.

I'm an 11 year old dude. Things are changing all the time in my life. New teachers. New clothes. I strongly dislike new clothes. (My Mom doesn't like me to say "hate.") What isn't changing? If my Mom is going to change something, she knows my room's off limits, but I still worry anyway that one day I'm going to come home from school and find my room has been turned into a sewing room or something girl-y like that.

I'm happy to read in my Mom's blog that Mr. and Mrs. Bones are not on the chopping block. But is it too much to ask to expect that every Halloween, the same old ghost candles come out, and I get to see them on the kitchen table every day?

Save the Ghosts! Don't let the man bring you down!

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...