Thursday, January 1, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

With the economy down, bad news everywhere and the strange weather, now may be a bad time to develop a list of new year's resolutions. But tradition prevails, and today the Furbers will be completing our fun, fill-in-the-blank resolutions for the year:

At the top of my list is "have more fun."

I was lucky enough to enjoy a cruise to Mexico over Christmas to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday (Thank you, Jim and Linda. You're the best.) The cruise was great, but the most fun part was coming back to the cabin at night to see what kind of animal the cabin steward had made with our towels. Katie especially loved it. Her favorite was the elephant that was wearing Andie's sunglasses.

Click here for a video on how to make it.
It's always a thrill to surprise my kids with something fun like putting their initials in their pancakes or twirling their PJs in the dryer before bedtime. Now I can add the occasional origami elephant to my arsenal.

Now, moving on to resolution #5. Dad, do you have any ideas for me?

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun message to receive this New Year's Day. Love your fill-in-the-blank resolution list. J&L will try to work on our resolutions today also. After the cruise we have some new ideas - including your suggestion to "Have More Fun!"
I think I'll add more manicures/pedicures and massages to mine. Loved seeing our names in print. And I have tried to save the towel Origami from Carnival and Suburban Zen to my Favorites, but not sure I did the SAVE correctly. I did log on to YOU TUBE successfully, however.
HAPPY 2009 NEW YEAR to you all. Love, GL & GJ XOXOX plus a hug for Jasper... O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...