Saturday, January 3, 2009

Swap Meet and the Furber House

Now that the resolutions are done, it's time to get back to my topic of making the most of your $$ during a recession.

Andie and Jack have been making noises lately about needing (or wanting) new things for their rooms. I've fended them off, as I feel like we don't need any more stuff in our house. In fact, I've noticed that whenever we move, we find great things that we'd forgotten about, or didn't realize we had.

That gave me an idea: this weekend all five Furbers are going to find ten things in our rooms that we don't need or want anymore. All 50 things are going on the kitchen table, and all family members can shop from the table for new things for their rooms. Anything that doesn't get swapped will be donated to charity.

I need a new inbox for my desk in my office. Wish me luck!

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...