Saturday, May 2, 2009

Backpacks Everywhere

I'm looking forward to the end of the school year for many reasons:
I've volunteered for Jack's end of the year picnic, and Jack loves it when I volunteer for his activities
Andie graduates from middle school this year, and Jack graduates from elementary school
The backpacks can be put away for a while

Throughout the school year, it seems like backpacks are everywhere and my family room looks like this:

when I want it to look like this:

Not likely. The red chair in the family room has become a junk magnet, and everything related to the school day is dumped there the second the kids come home from school.

My project over the summer will be to develop a system Andie, Jack and Katie can use to pack their backpacks when they're done with their homework, tuck them away for the night and actually find them again in the morning. Whether my new system works perfectly or not, it's bound to be a vast improvement over my current system which consists of yelling in frustration at least once a week "Hey short people, come and get your crap. This chair is not your dumping ground!"

Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...