Monday, September 27, 2010

Ephemera 101

As all Suburban Zen readers know, I am a collector. I especially love ephemera, because I love to keep tangible reminders of memories I've made, and I love pretty paper and type. I keep all my ticket stubs. I pick up postcards, luggage tags and business cards from various places I visit. I keep all cards, photos and thank you notes I receive. No scrap of paper is safe -- I tuck them all around the house and post my favorites on the linen board above my desk:

My son Jack and daughter Andie have picked up on my habit and are also avid collectors of ephemera. Andie keeps all her ticket stubs and theatre programs, and Jack collects Do Not Disturb signs from all the hotels I visit (I try not to read too much into the 20 or so DND signs that are currently posted on his bedroom door).

I must admit, our house runneth over with our collection, so I'm always looking for fun ways to integrate them into our decor. My current favorites are:

Inside the closet door from Watson Kennedy.


Ephemera wallpaper from Living Etc. -- dreamy!


But my all time favorite is this installation featured in this month's issue of Martha Stewart Living
Get ready JP: I'll need a ladder, some monofiliment, and a few moments of your time.


Print this post

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...