Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Feel Like I'm Missing Something

School starts at the same time every year. And each year I'm reminded that I have a flawed system for keeping track of our family's events, appointments, and dates. Back in November of 2008 I had big plans to solve the problem (see post "Has Anyone Seen My (Fill In the Blank?")

but the truth is, I still rely on JP to remember everything.

Sometimes a girl just needs an infusion of inspiration. So for me, and for other readers with the same ongoing problem, here are the best and most stylish ideas I've seen for organizing a busy family.

I'm a big fan of chalkboards, as they can change as your family's needs change:

Cork is also nice for the same reason:

And an homage to my Mom and Dad, who use clip boards to keep track of everything:


Well, gotta run. I'm sure I'm supposed to be somewhere right now.

Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And.....don't forget your dad has a group of Pottery Barn white boards on the hall wall with days of the month where he can keep track of "to dos" for the day. I am sure I will come home one day and we will have 12 of them in a row so he can know at any given time what he will be doing next year!!!!!

mom

dad aka gramps said...

Hmmmmm, never thought of getting 12 PB white boards. Like it. On another front SZ, you have all kinds of scheduling apps in your palm gizmo's, laptop, and cell phone, use em !! And every Friday, 630 p.m. should be notated "Call mom n dad".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...